Saturday, October 30, 2010

charmed, I'm sure

My sister also wanted to check out Charm Modern Thai during the Taste of Yaletown event. Something different this time, but still expecting some really good dishes here.
Phuket Caiprioshka (lychee caiprinha, fresh whole lychees muddled wth Soho and Absolut vodka). So good. So good in fact, my dining buddy might have had a sip. Or two. Or more.
 I chose the Duck sticks (fried duck confit spring rolls served with wok-roasted chili sauce) as my appetizers. So good. Wish there was more duck sticks, that's how good it was.
 My dining buddy ordered Thai Spring Rolls as her starter (vegetarian spring rolls served with homemade carrot sauce). I thought the carrot sauce was sweet plum sauce (?!) My bad.
My dining buddy had the Green Tea Chicken (pan-seared green tea and lemongrass marinated organic chicken breast with orange and ginger glaze served with sauteed vegetables). Interesting flavours, and not in a bad way. Just... interesting.
I had the Tamarind Seared Salmon (pan-seared salmon with spicy, sweet and sour tamarind reduction) as my entree It was a good thing there was a lot of sauce, because the salmon was a little overcooked.
Chocolate chili tort. Wow, that was so smooth, so creamy and rich... I could have eaten that all day.
Mmmm.. vanilla bean tapioca pudding... Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment