Wednesday, October 27, 2010

taste of yaletown

I've been so busy/stressed out at work that I completely forgot about the Taste of Yaletown event until my sister reminded me. We had passed by r.tl (regional tasting lounge) when we were doing some window shopping and it looked like a nice place to start.
Start the night off right with a drink: The Colour of Money (gin, campari, limoncello, pineapple and lemons juices and peach bitters)
My sister had the wild mushroom risotto with creamy leek and I had the oak barrel smoked duck (below) to start. Really, really loved my smoked duck and the mushroom risotto was SO good.
Ratatouille (zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and sweet peppers served with crispy polenta) was really good.
I had the potato crusted Arctic char (with grilled vegetables, rice pilaf and sauce vierge) for my entree. It was good, just needed a little bit of salt.
Homemade ice-cream sandwich with chocolate ganache and vanilla bean gelato. That was one hard cookie to crumble.
Apple tart with caramel sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment