Saturday, January 29, 2011

100 days

What: 100 Days
Where: At the Opus Hotel
When: Dinner
Why: Vancouver Dineout 2011 is on!

100 Days takes over from where the Elixar Bistro use to be at the Opus Hotel. A unique collaboration of graffiti art and food, this pop restaurant serves up Mediterranean fare inspired by the artwork on the walls. I'm not quite sure how this concept works, but the food was great.

This totally reminds of Jem, from Jem and the Holograms cartoon show back in the 1980's. It's the hair.

My dining buddy had the Italian Onion Soup: osso bucco broth, wild mushrooms, cippolini onions, fontina & mozzarella crust. Comfort food at its best.
I ordered the Smoked Tuna Carpaccio ‘Nicoise:’ poached quails egg, capers, olives, baby tomato vinaigrette. Absolutely delicious. This dish reminded me of how much I love tuna.
 My dining buddy ordered the Stuffed chicken breast served with vegetables. Excuse the flash; the lighting was pretty bad inside and the weak flame from the candle centerpiece didn't help the situation.
My entree was the Lobster & Crab ‘Mac & Cheese’ Atlantic lobster, Dungeoness crab, gratin cheese crust & Hennessy lobster bisque. So good but also so very rich and filling.
The Baked Apple Pie à la mode (individual apple pie, house made cheddar cheese ice cream) looked really good and smelled delicious.
For my dessert, I pretty much devoured the Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie served with vanilla ice-cream. 

Side note: At one point during dinner, I looked up from my mac & cheese and guess who was standing less than an arm's length away from my table? George Stroumboulopoulos. That totally made my night ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment