Sunday, January 30, 2011

you had me at 'dessert buffet'

What: Griffins Restaurant
Where: at the Hotel Vancouver
When: Dinner time
Why: Vancouver Dineout 2011

There are few things in life that can cause my heart to skip a beat, and hearing the sweet words, "dessert buffet" is one of them. It only took me 5 minutes to make the reservations (thank you Opentable!) and me and my sister found ourselves practically skipping to the restaurant on a Sunday night. Now, this is not to take away from the actual dinner that we feasted on: My sister enjoyed her seafood chowder and salmon entree (perfectly cooked and fresh) and I thoroughly savoured the onion tart and artichoke ravioli. I have to admit, I was starting to feel a little full from dinner, but I made sure there was enough room somewhere above my liver for dessert. Four different types of desserts to sample and we happily waddled our way home.

My dining partner in crime has the Chef's special soup of the day: seafood chowder
I ordered the Caramelized Onion Tart house-made served with tomato jam and frisee salad
Grilled West Coast Salmon blue crab and corn croquette, leek fondue.
Artichoke Ravioli ratatouille, grilled asparagus, white wine cream.
Chocolate mint mousse cake
Strawberry apple custard cake with coconut
White and milk chocolate mousse cup
Can never go wrong with flan!

No comments:

Post a Comment