Friday, March 18, 2011

main street

Lined along Main Street are shops stuffed full of vintage and antique wares, consignment stores with racks crammed full of amazingly ridiculous clothes to play dress up in and restaurants that consists of nothing more than a hole a in the wall, but manage to create mouth-watering dishes that have the locals coming back for more. Must come back when the weather is better to fully explore all the shops that we missed.

Trying on this outrageous coat at the Bohemian Gallery. Lots of giggling while playing dress up in here. It's like rummaging around in your mom's closet. If your mom was a 70's disco-loving diva. Or a drag queen on Broadway.
I don't think it's a good idea to be drawing so much attention to *that* area of the body, especially on prom night. I mean, people will naturally assume things...
This could possibly be the best toy store in Vancity.
Beatrix Potter tea set! How cute is this?!
I found this to be slightly unsettling. I mean, edible modelling dough? Really?!
SQUEE! The kid in me wants this badly!
Smurfs! I loved watching the cartoons... although I did always wonder why there was only one Smurfette in the whole village.
Where's Lassie?
Awww, the ponies are in lurve!!!
Putting the smack-down on the other lizards.
The side dish that comes along to seasoning your pho: Bean sprouts, lime, basil leaves and a red chili. Sometimes they serve it with lemon, but either one is fine with me.
Shrimp salad roll served with peanut sauce. I forgot how good this is, must have it more often.
Beef ball pho for me. Nothing like a steaming hot bowl of pho on a cold, rainy day. The broth was so good and not too much MSG as I wasn't dying of thirst after dinner.
Steamed crepes filled with minced pork, mushrooms and onions and served with peanut sauce. Perfect bite-sized morsels of goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment