Sunday, January 27, 2013

street meat

This weekend, food trucks gathered on the north plaza of the Vancouver Art Gallery for the second annual Street Food City event. There's nothing like food served on a plate, wrapped in a cone, or speared on a stick!

Started off at the Street Meet and ordered the crispy risotto balls to share while my sister got a salmon burger and I had the Hungry Human perogie dish from Holy Perogy for lunch. Since it was starting to rain outside and there wasn't enough seats under the tented dining area, we went to the food court inside the mall to chow down.

Loved everything and I'm hoping to try out more food trucks when the weather gets better.


Deep fried risotto balls: you can't really go wrong with anything deep fried :)
After walking around the plaza, deciding on what to eat, I finally settled on perogies.
The line up at Mama's Grilled Cheese Truck was R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. My brother waited for about 20 minutes before he finally got his order.
Mmm... deep fried goodness with a small salad and spicy dressing.
The Hungry Human perogie plate: potato & cheese stuffed perogies with green onions, sour cream, sausage and beef jerky bits. I added a little bit of sauerkraut on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment