Friday, December 10, 2010

clown college

Instead of 1920's Hollywood glamour, harkening to the bygone era of film noir and femme fatales, I end up looking like I'm auditioning to fill the position of Krusty the Clown's sidekick when I try to wear red lipstick.

But I think I might have found the right shade for me.


Afghan Red from NARS (the one on the left in the above photo) is a deep burgundy red that suits my skin-tone much better than a blue-red, or an orange-red lipstick shade. The Sephora downtown was sold out of this colour for 2 weeks before I was able to track one down somewhere in the shadowy depths of their store-room via a lovely sales associate. I was so thrilled to finally have this lipstick in my possession that I gave him a huge hug :)

Niagara is a lovely peachy colour that I've wanted to try for a while now, since I've seen the swatches on Temptalia. I love that website for it's in-depth descriptions, photos and colour swatches, although it's not necessary good for the lemming inside of me, because I start to covet everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment