Sunday, December 5, 2010

let the holiday feasting begin!

Early Christmas dinner with friends this past Sunday at EBO restaurant. The name stands for East of BOundary, which is clever but also slightly misleading, since I thought we were having Japanese for dinner (sushi is totally Christmasy right?)

Green olive bread and sesame crackers was awesome. Generally, I'm not a fan of olives but I happily devoured a few slices of bread.
Ordered the tomato and bocconcini salad with aged balsamic and arbequino olive oil drizzle as my appetizer. Maybe too much cheese?
My friend ordered the crispy skin sockeye salmon filet with fingerling potatoes sauteed with olives and French beans and served with a side of lobster emulsion. The salmon was wonderfully tender and moist.

I had the scallop saltimbocca: roasted scallops wrapped in prosciutto, served on a bed of Parmesan risotto with teardrop tomatoes, capers and fennel nage. So good. Loved the scallops and the Parmesan in the risotto was not overpowering at all.
Shared a creme brulee with my friend for dessert. It was a lot creamier than what I expected, but still very good. Wish the sugar crust was just a tad thicker though.

No comments:

Post a Comment