Monday, October 21, 2013

have a taste

It's the time of year for Taste of Yaletown, and me and my sister decided on Society. I love the pink chandeliers in this place, they're such a statement piece in the restaurant.

For my appetizer, I choose the ham hock and split pea soup with sesame bread stick. I'm actually not a fan of split pea, but I actually really enjoyed this soup.
Chicken potpie wellington with carrot purree and ricotta mushroom caps was my main dish and this was absolutely delicious! Definitely a comfort food dish and I didn't mind the carrot puree but it would have been AMAZING with mashed potatoes. But then, everything is good with mashed potatoes.
Triple decker s'more with peach puree.
While I enjoyed each dish of my meal, the dessert is what really made me crave for more. The right balance of sweet and tart and who doesn't like s'mores?! I'm never disappointed when I come to Society and tonight was no exception. Will definitely be coming back to try their spiked milkshakes and chow down on the mac n cheese sticks, a personal favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment